Sunday, September 2, 2012

Long Time Coming!

So, when I started this blog in the middle of summer, I will have to admit I was just a little ambitious.  I really thought in my mind that I would be able to post different recipes that I made for my family daily.  Unfortunately, life happened and between softball tournaments, being a mom, getting ready for the next school year as a teacher, and working my second job it just wasn't happening.  So on this slow labor day weekend I am going to update some recipes that I have made over the summer and just recently that we tried and really enjoy.  I will avoid posting the ones that just did not work out for us so well. 

One that we really like and eat ALL the time is my standard Italian Beef.  While I have to admit it isn't exactly like the Italian Beef I grew up on, I believe it is as close as I am going to get to them.  The best thing about this recipe is it is oh so very simple and delicious!

Slow Cooker Italian Beef

Ingredients:
3lbs Chuck Roast (you can use Rump Roast too, but I prefer Chuck)
1 Packet of Dried Italian Dressing mix
1 Jar of pepperchini rings (undrained)
1 carton of beef broth
Sub Buns
Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese

Put all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.  Shred the meat with a fork placing it back in the broth mixture.  Serve on sub rolls with Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese.

Another recipe we really enjoyed this summer was  Baked Garlic/Brown Sugar Chicken.  This was really yummy and I made it with a quick noodle dish that I always like to make when I cannot think of any other side dish.  I like to call it Crazy Bread pasta because it resembles Little Caesars crazy bread.  The Chicken Recipe was taken from Pinterest and the Crazy Bread Pasta is my own creation.
 Easy Garlic Chicken. Photo by Derf
http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478

These are the best two recipes that we enjoyed this summer.  If you make them, I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment