Sunday, September 9, 2012

Football Sunday = Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins and Slow Cooker Chili



http://www.bakerella.com/mini-maple-pancake-muffins/
My favorite thing about fall is NFL football!  I am in three fantasy leagues and pretty much once 1:00 comes around, I spend the rest of my day watching football with my Sunday NFL Sunday Ticket.  Because I was so excited this morning, I woke up and made some delicious mini muffins -- recipe courtesy of Bakerella.  These were absolutely delicious especially right out of the oven with some butter.  My son Lincoln and his best friend Aiden loved them.






Now for the best part of the evening while watching some Steelers vs. Denver Broncos football on TV.  This chili recipe is my own that I have come up with after following chili recipes for years.  I don't claim to be the master chili maker but this chili is my husband's favorite and when my family came for a visit, they loved it too.  Chili is perfect for a cool Sunday of football, and so this was the choice of food for us.  We use 2 lbs of meat (sausage/ground beef); you could use 1/2 lb of each if you like your chili a little soupier. Also, if you like some spice you could add some fresh jalapeno or some Cajun spice.



 Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef
1 lb Ground Sausage
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 green pepper chopped
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 small cans of tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
2 cans of kidney beans (drained)
1 can of black beans (drained)
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cumin

1.  Brown ground beef and sausage with chopped onion and garlic until beef is browned all he way through.  Drain the grease from the meat and add to the crock pot.
2.  Add the remaining ingredients o the crock pot stir and then cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3.  We add shredded cheese on the top of our chili.



No comments:

Post a Comment